News:

Welcome to Home Machinist's Journal!! We've been live since April 20th, 2024

Main Menu

Quick Links

Welcome to Home Machinist's Journal. Please login or sign up.

Oct 03, 2026, 06:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 51
  • Latest: Irv
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1,468
  • Total Topics: 301
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 971 (Sep 15, 2026, 06:11 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 17
  • Total: 17
17 Guests, 0 Users (1 Spider)

Bill Gruby

Started by TerryWerm, Today at 02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TerryWerm

It is with heavy heart that I wish to announce that our old friend, Bill Gruby, passed away back on June 9th, 2026 at the age of 80.

His obituary can be found here: https://bristoledition.org/2026/06/16/william-r-gruby/

I had known for quite some time that his health had been declining. Despite many attempts he did not respond to phone calls, emails, or private messages from me. About a year ago I started searching for his obituary from time to time, and just found it a few minutes ago.

Bill was an early member and global moderator at the Hobby-Machinist forum for quite some time and was a charter member and moderator here. Bill and I enjoyed many phone calls through the years discussing many different topics. Regretfully, I must admit that I never met him in person.

Bill worked as an engineer for General Motors and he always enjoyed telling a story about a Cadillac that GM ended up buying back from the customer because of a strange noise that no one was able to isolate or identify. It took quite some time to get to the bottom of it. Upon near total dismantling of the automobile, they finally found the source of the odd noises: An empty soda can inside the left front fender where no one could get to it.

We have been missing Billy G here for well over a year around here and we will continue to miss him. His last post was on March 1st, 2025, and his final visit to HMJ was on April 27, 2025, well over a year before his passing.

Rest in peace my friend, you are and will continue to be missed.
cfe2    

Terry

Born in the 50's, grew up in the 70's, now in my 60's, hope I make it to my 80's.